Thursday 20 June 2013

Nearly Naked.

"Naked" has been the trend for a while now. Starting with the neutral eye palettes, Naked 1, Naked 2, Naked Basics (Which I NEED to get my hands on, btw), its all about keeping it natural.

When Revlon came out with their Nearly Naked Foundation, and I saw all the rave reviews, I realized I HAD to get it. 
So, I crossed my fingers, did my research and decided to go with the colour 240 Toast.
I bought this on ebay, but I can't seem to find the seller now, it was dirt cheap, somewhere around 10 pounds including the shipping (around INR 900, today, but it was 860 when I bought it)

Revlon says "Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage."

In my opinion, it holds true.
This foundation is very light coverage, it doesn't cover my acne scars, but it is also buildable, so with two layers, it covers everything that needs to be covered.
It does however even out your skin tone and gives you this very subtle dewy finish with just one layer.
Now, I have oily skin, so I need to powder my Tzone and the area under my eyes, but if you had dry skin, I reckon you can get away without any powder.



As you can see, this is a little bit too yellow for me. I'm yellow toned, but I'm more neutral yellow, you know? For reference, I'm an NC43.5 - 44. 

When its blended out, it looks like that, so I can totally get away with the yellowness of it.

Especially during the sunmmer, when my skin behaves, I really enjoy using this foundation, I feel like I have nothing on my skin. Its lovely, really.

I have NO idea if they plan on launching it in India, but I hope they do.
Otherwise, if you're willing to take a risk, ebay it is!

P.S. Incase you haven't noticed, Revlon is my favorite Drugstore/Highstreet brand, followed by Rimmel.

Would you try this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment