Wednesday 7 May 2014

NEW IN - MAC Stuff + 100th Post!


Let me just start off by saying this - 100 posts? That is ridiculous! I started this blog just under a year ago as a makeup dairy of sorts. I intended to record my favorite makeup looks, products I've been loving - and more importantly to see how I can grow, be it in my writing, my makeup and even my photography. During the course of this blog, I switched careers, have been working as a freelance makeup artist and stylist, and I'll be soon moving countries to formally learn Special Effects Makeup. Its so remarkable how one year can change so much.
As for my blog, I am nowhere near where I thought I would be, one year from when I started. I thought I'd have gained atleast 50-75 followers etc, but you know what? It doesn't matter at all. I've made a couple of really good friends I feel, and since I don't believe in publicizing my blog on social media (my friends on Facebook really don't care about my newest foundation love) and more in organic growing, this is doing pretty decent, I think.
What I mean to say is - thank you guys, for commenting and discussing makeup with me and helping along my addiction. It means the world to me that I can be a (small) part of this community :)

I thought it was only fitting that my 100th post is related to the Brand that got me interested in Makeup in the first place. Ah, MAC.
I think I've mentioned before that I wanted to recreate my 15 palette, so I've begun again. However, this time around, every shadow bought will have a use, and it won't be just 14 shimmery bronzey golds and 1 matte. Its going to be well thought out - with Crease colours, transition colours and a vast range of lid colours. Since I don't ever buy premade palettes, this is going to be my do-it-all palette.
I got my dad to buy me the Pro Palette Large, and the 15 Eyeshadow Insert from Amsterdam. Its cheaper there. I also got my dad to get me the MAC 224 Brush from the duty free. Once again, slightly cheaper there than here. I've been eyeing (hah) this brush for a while now, because one can never have too many blending brushes, oui? Also added to the palette recently are MAC Texture (a gorgeous muted orangey brown - great transition colour) MAC Brown Down (Perfect for eyebrows and the outer V) and MAC Antiqued which I've been wanting for literally years.

Any suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. I used my MAC pro palette for my makeup geek shadows, hehehe.

    Totally understand where you're coming from as far as blog growth is concerned. I thought I'd be the same way too! Some days I look at my page views/followers and wonder where they all are, LOL. But for the most part I blog because it's something I enjoy, and while I'm not entirely comfortable sharing my blog on social media (apparently women in science who wear makeup are less intelligent, who would have guessed? /sarcasm) I've made a few friends who I can talk shop with to my heart's content, and that's good enough for me :)

    Congrats on the 100th post! I still find your blog as intriguing as the day I first stumbled across it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, i used to use my old one for a bunch of different shadows then went OCD about my MAC palette not having just mac shadows - don't ask.
      Exactly. The fact that I can discuss this and that with you is pretty much heaven for me, 'cause I only have one other makeup obsessed friend.
      Thanks yo. Means tons :D

      Delete
  2. I wait for your posts every M, W, F :). I read quite a few beauty blogs, but hardly comment. I found this blog more relateable than many out there. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygod, your comment made me want to tear up and bawl like a baby! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey! Congrats. You'll love Mac 224 :) and I gotta check out Mac Texture.
    Btw.. Totally relate to the organic growing thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it already, been using it for 10 days now non stop! Its the perfect companion to the 217!
      You need texture. Really, you do!

      ..I'm glad you agree, I just can't get deal with "read my blog" or "follow for a follow". Its just miserable. Wouldn't you want people who love the subject as much as you do reading your blog, as opposed to people who are just after a particular number!

      Delete
    2. Weighing in on the last issue - the whole "follow for a follow" is something I kind of understand. As a blogger, you want to get your message to a wide audience; unfortunately if you're a new blogger, chances are finding an audience is going to be difficult unless you reach out to other bloggers and widen your network; the point is to hope that a stray reader from here or there will wander by your blog and stick around. As a blog reader 9/10 times I've discovered my favorite blogs by following links on other blogs!

      I'm far too shy + timid to do the whole follow for a follow thing; I can really only hope that I find a group of people who form a miniature makeup web of sorts with me (if that makes sense. I'm decaffeinated at the moment!)

      Delete
    3. I agree to an extent, but for me, I'd rather people not follow me than have people following me because I'd follow back. Am I making sense?

      Delete