Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Game Changing Blush


Did you ever think you'd see an entire post about a blush? I certainly didn't, but after a sudden increase in the number of coloured cheek products I owned and this post, here we are.
The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Blissful is described as a shimmering peach, however, since Tarte has repackaged their products - this one seems to have been reformulated - or they just forgot the shimmer. Either way, I'm not complaining.
On me, its a beautiful peachy pink matte that isn't overly pigmented. Its a bit on the sheer side, which is always a plus when it comes to blush - less chance of clown cheeks.
When I first apply it (I'm an NC 42 in MAC as reference) it gives me just a hint of colour that I can place even at the hollows my cheek and work upwards; a sculpting blush of sorts, but with added colour, it gives me the most natural looking flush that I cannot describe. I don't blush at all, naturally. However, if I did, I sure as hell hope I looked like this.
The formula is a pleasure to work with, its long wearing and silky.
The only drawback for me, personally is the product becoming a bit hard over time - I've had it for about a month now and I've had to scratch the surface once already - if this is an indicator, I'm slightly worried. However, since everything else about this is so perfect, I can look past it. It has after all made its way into my daily rotation of 'I woke up like 'dis' products.

What do you think of these blushes? 

4 comments:

  1. Love this blush! its so good for tan/olive skin tones! perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Does yours have shimmer by any chance?

      Delete
  2. I have Tipsy, and I love the coral-ness of it! But yes, I have the same hardening issue as you do - I think it's unfortunately something about the formula :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when you told me. But it happened to mine :o
      Still love it though :o

      Delete