Wednesday 16 July 2014

Pondering Blush...


Suddenly, in the last month of so, I've gone from owning one blush, which I wore maybe once a week at the most, to owning five, and wearing it on a regular basis. Infact, I've been skipping the bronzer, and reaching for the blush. Shocking, isn't it? I've been using the five I now on for various things, so I thought I may as well post about it.

The Pop of Colour
Perfect for days when I look a little worse for wear. I've realized there is nothing like a little colour on your cheeks to make you look healthier and somehow happier. I find the best blush for this is the Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop. It's a powder blush that looks almost cream - like and super skinlike when worn. If I could blush, I would think this is the colour I'd turn.
Another blush is super pigmented and bright is the Milani Matte Baked Blush in Bella Rosa. Oh. My. God. This is beyond beautiful. It is so insanely pigmented though that I have to be very careful with how much pressure I use when I tap my brush in... and its so flattering on that I honestly don't know how I lived without this.

The Everyday Blush
The reason I originally bought the Chanel Cream Blush in Presage is only because of how natural it looks on me. The formula is easy to blend and stays put for hours. Though it can be built up, it by no means tries to steal the show, instead it accentuates everything. I find coraly pink lipsticks go great with this one.
Another simple everyday browny-pink blush is the Wet n Wild Blush in Mellow Wine. Its so perfect for everyday - heck, I can even define 'em cheekbones with this. I cannot believe how good the quality of this is.. honestly, our drugstore brands have a long way to go...

The All Rounder
This is the product that got me past my "meh" attitude towards blush in the first place. The Tarte Amazonion Clay 12 Hour Blushes are everything people say they are. Pigmented, longwearing and so easy to wear. The shade I have, Blissful is a peachy pink that is so flattering on me! No matter what else I'm wearing - eye, lips, clothing, this always just works.

So, I'm a convert. Go ahead, enable me.


10 comments:

  1. I love Clinique blush so much! It looks flattering x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blushes are addictive!!! I need to pick up one chanel cream blush..have heard so much about them and I am all about looking natural! clinique cheek pop blushes are my new favorite! the formula is just amazing! you should try peach pop also..its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they are! I've tried peach pop, and I love it! I just don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon.. what with moving to a new country etc, I think this bunch was the last new makeup for me in a long long time!

      Oh, you need to try the Chanel ones! They define natural and pretty!

      Delete
  3. YES!! Welcome to the dark (err...colorful? :P) side! I knew you'd end up falling for blushes :D (and I'm SO glad that Bella Rosa is one of your favorites too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its THE favorite at the moment :P
      .. oh dear, as if I need another addiction - bases, eyeshadows.. now blush. oops.

      Delete
  4. Though I don't blush naturally, I have been hoarding blushes recently. Im in a peach blush phase, I ended up buying the L'oreal Lucent Magique in Sunset Glow, my Milani blushes, and Sleek palette recently. I have also ordered a Too faced heart blush dupe from Makeup Revolution. Im not sure what I will do with all these blushes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nor do I naturally, but yeah.. they seem like a good thing to hard :P Plus, a little goes a long way, I mean who can deny themselves?

      Makeup Revolution ships internationally? *runs to website*

      Delete
  5. Yes MR ships to India for 800 rps (standard shipping) . Check out their I <3 makeup range, lot of Too Faced dupes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw.. so much to drool over.. but I'll be there in just over a month anyway :P

      Delete