Tuesday 4 August 2015

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer - #highlightonfleek



Let us take a moment here and just look at that beautiful highlight... yes?
I know I'm late jumping on the bandwagon, but ohmigodgivememorehighlighters! I've always been one for cream highlights because they look more natural, but ever since strobing has become more popular, I can't help but want to layer them.. enter theBalm's Mary Lou-Manizer. First of all - the name? THE NAME. I love it. Quirky is something I can identify with - and this just makes me happy.
Secondly, the packaging - I'm more of a black and metallic girl when it comes to Makeup packaging, but this is so classy and funky that I can't help but lurrrvve it.
Thirdly, Strawberrynet.com was on a huge sale and I snagged this lovely gem for a steal of INR 1400. Seriously.
Now, the actual product. It's a light golden finely milled powder with shimmer. It doesn't have any chunky glitter in it, but I still think it could have been smaller shimmer, y'know? But it doesn't bother me all that much.
Now this thing is pigmented as hell. You can really get a stripe of highlight on your cheeks if you aren't careful, so I apple this with my fingers an work it into my skin, giving me a subtle sheen. It wears roughly 5-6 hours on me before fading, which isn't bad at all.
It doesn't emphasise my textures skin, instead it gives me a bit of a soft focus glow... which I absolutely adore.
On days I'm feeling particularly dull, I dab this over my MAC Lustre Drops and it creates such a gorgeous glow... I can't get enough.
I may be needing a few more highlighters soon...

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?

P.S. Incase you guys didn't know, I write a bimonthly column for The Hindu Metro Plus - all about makeup, you can find the articles here (Iupdate as they come out). Take a read and let me know!

9 comments:

  1. Mary Lou Manizer is so pretty. It's more of a nighttime highlight for me! I also luuuurv Cindy Lou Manizer... peachy awesomeness that's perfect for the daytime. Also I'm fairly sure Betty Lou Manizer is a dupe for the Becca SSP in Topaz!

    Have you tried it as an eyeshadow/inner corner highlight yet? Because you MUST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyeshadow not yet... but inner corner and under the brow almost everyday now. I can't stop. Help. Me.

      Delete
    2. Muhahaha. Join the dar (errr... highlighted?) side!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Betty-Lou kinda girl, I am wearing it today. I got it from Luxola at an exorbitant price, but I am happy about the soft golden glow Betty Lou gives me.....

    ReplyDelete