Monday 15 June 2015

Sick Days - A Little Makeup Pick-Me-Up



So, I've spent the last few days sick and confined to my bed... first it was a cold and a cough, then it just got worse and worse and worse. Today however, I was sick of the coughing and looking like death, so I took matters into my capable hands (shamlessplug).
To start with, I decided to pamper my skin. Yes, I've been hydrating like a mad person over the last few days, but my skin still looked dull and lifeless. The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask came to my rescue. Dabbed a generous amount of this stuff to my face and rinsed it off after 20 minutes and my skin looked SO MUCH better.
After a nice hot shower, I decided to put on some makeup, for the first time this week (It's Friday today, so in my world, big deal). I find that when I'm sick, my eyes get all dull, and thanks to the coughing and the lack of sleep, my undereyes looked a bit like Edward Scissorhands... to fix that I used the MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW 35 to correct the purple undertones, and topped it off with my MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC 42, pretty much all over the centre of my face... sheered out to the edges to give me that highlighted effect. After quickly setting everything in place.. I decided to finally sort the lifeless zombie face situation with a little blush (fun fact - haven't used blush in a good 3 - 4 months). Instantly, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful bought some much needed life back into my face.
To brighten my eyes, I went for some shadow, but the real star of the show are my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers that lift up lashes and make me eyes appear larger and brighter and more awake. After some lashings of mascara, I felt entirely human again - until I started coughing... But I look so much better, which makes me feel better.

So there yah go. These are my little pick me ups for days when I'm deathly ill. What are yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment