Tuesday 3 March 2015

Charlotte Tilbury - The Dolce Vita Palette



One of the only things I knew before I even went to the UK was that I was going to come back owning this particular palette by Charlotte Tilbury. If you happen to be living under a rock for the last few years, Charlotte Tilbury is very talented and very well known makeup artist, who recently came out with her own brand of makeup. Luxurious packaging, incredibly creative concepts and flawless products were a given with her vast expertise in the industry... and every single review has been positive. So obviously, I needed to own something from her range. I visted her counter about a dozen times, I kid you not. And very single time, I swatched this palette. Eventually, I just gave in and bought myself this palette for my birthday. After using it a fair bit (read: it has not left my lids) I thought I'd post about it.

For starters, it looks beautiful, doesn't it? The Dolce Vita as a look is inspired by likes of Sophia Loren, Penelope Cruz and Monika Bellucci, emphasizing the on copper smokey eyes and a nudeish pink lip.
And this palette most certainly gives you the vibe.
The four colours (on me - a pearly white, a copper red, a medium-dark brown with golden shimmer and a bronze glitter) compliment eachother perfectly. They blend together seamlessly, so much so that I barely used my blending brush - a first, I must admit!
I really put this palette to the test by wearing it on a night out. Put it on at 6:30, and at 4:30 am it will still intact. Pretty impressive, non?

If I could change one thing about it, it would be the light highlight shade which I think is a bit too cool on me, but considering this is supposed to flatter a variety of skintones, its more a personal thing than something wrong with the palette.

The verdict? I could not be happier with the palette I picked (The Golden Goddess was the other option) and in the future, when I make decent money (lots of money) i would like to include a bunch of her products in my kit, because they really are a pleasure to work with.

FYI, this palette costs GBP 38.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I binge-watched all of Charlotte's tutorials for her shadow palettes one night, and I was so impressed. I like the look of her palettes, but each time I actually think about buying one, I always pull back. There's something very dupe-able about her shades.

    Still, I love, love the shades in the Dolce Vita palette! I think that and the Vintage Vamp are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what I thought, as well put together as they are, some of them seemed dupeable.. and they are to an extent. However, the quality of her shadows is something I'm yet to come across. Its just.. beautiful. And her pigmentation too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shade and must say all these will look very flattering on Indian skin tones..I am yet to try any of her products..all thanks to their unavailability in india ;)
    Loved your eye makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will come soon, and for what its worth, Selfirdges does ship internationally.

      Thank you :)

      Delete