Tuesday 19 November 2013

NEW IN - The Holiday 2013 Edition


So, as is obvious from the Title, I went on holiday with my family to Hong Kong recently (just got back today). It was a really fun trip, with lots of walking, eating and shopping! The place did not disappoint, and I'm going to have some serious trouble stomaching "indian" chinese.
I had this huge list of products I wanted to try, but alas, they darkest shade they had was often too light for me. But I did get to see brands I had only otherwise read about in person, like Aesop, Origins, Philosophy, Laura Mercier, Shu Emura, Diptique, Jo Malone and so many many more.
Anyway, enough jabber and onto what I bought.

  • Bioderma for Oily/Combination skin. Now, I have the original, but since I hadn't tried this.. I thought I might as well take the plunge. Especially since it was a discounted price. 
  • Armani Si Eau da Parfum, okay, I wanted Vera Wang Princess, but since it wasn't available in the Duty Free, I saw this and it was love at first whiff. Oh dear, I do have expensive taste. 
  • Makeup Forever HD Primer in 6. I went there hoping to find the Clinique Superprimers, which hasn't released yet.. so when it came down to a choice between Porefessional and the MUFE HD, mufe went straight into my shopping cart. 
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 7.5. I'm an avid reader and watcher of both Vivianna (VDM) and Liana, both of whom have convinced me I need certain products, without which my life would be incomplete. LSF was one such thing. I was lucky that 7.5 suited me because that's the darkest shade they had in HK. Worth the hype? Only time will tell.
  • Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer in 10. Another VDM influenced purchase - originally on the list with Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and NARS Creamy Concealer - but as there was no shade for me, they didn't make the cut. 
  • Shu Emura Lash Curlers - self explanatory. The best in the bizz, 'nuff said.
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, I recently found out that I had dehydrated - oily skin, it produces excess oil due to the face its so dry, so this is my attempt at adding more moisture into my skin. I will report back on this one. And the rest. 
So these were my purchases (I may have bought a few - few things at HnM, shuusssh). What do you think? Have you bought anything lately? 


10 comments:

  1. I'm drooling, especially over the LSF and the Full Cover concealer. I think I NEED those in my life :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LSF for sure. I haven't tested the longevity yet, but it really is worth all the hype!

      Delete
  2. haha the holy grail lash curler. CLOTHING HAUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, it actually works. Not to mention its WAAAY cheaper than I thought. Also, COME HOME AND SEE.

      Delete
  3. I so have to get that eyelash curler now! waiting for your review on MUFE primer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do!
      ..eventually :P I still need to use it properly

      Delete
  4. I have to get that curler and concealer, but will wait for your review on MUFE concealer first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you right now. Worth. Every. Penny.
      Its crazy, you put it on in the morning, and it lasts ALL day long. Does not budge.

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I've always been t old that that Shu Uemura eyelash curler is THE best eyelash curler there is, so I bet you're going to have loads of fun with it :-)

    ReplyDelete