Monday, 14 July 2014

Urban Decay Electric - One Palette - 3 Ways.



Before I begin, did anybody notice the little makeover Colliding Interests has had?

On most days, I'm your regular ol' neutrals girl, I prefer the browns and the gold on myself, with the occasional purple-plum or taupe. But seriously, its all neutrals here. I prefer leaving the colours to photoshoots and the like... but then there are those days when you feel particularly creative and just want to go all out with the colour and the false eyelashes.. that is where this comes in handy.
Seriously though, look at all the purrrdy colours.
I'm not a big fan of the UD shadows, I find them too shimmery and powdery and they fall all over my face - no matter what I do. I'm probably the only one in the world who dislikes the Naked Palette, oh well.
These eyeshadows are totally different. There are a good number of mattes which are smooth, buttery soft and not at all powdery. Very single colour has intense colour pay off that pretty much makes you want to hoot. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the silver glitter which is a bit chunky, but on the bright side, it works great layered over the other colours.
FYI, I only used MAC's Groundwork Paintpot under these shadows - no white base, so you can see what it looks like on my skin.

Look 1 - A little out there...



I really wanted to try something different with this - a more out there, but still wearable (almost) looking eye and matching lip. I used Savage all over the lid, with a bit of Jilted and Urban in the crease, to blend it out, and Slowburn right in the centre of the lid. I also smudged a little Urban in the bottom lashline and blended it out with a bit of Jilted. Out there I know, but I love how the colours came together.

Look 2 - Some seaside inspiration...



The second picture isn't doing it justice - especially the blending which I was very proud off - light blue going into silver, but oh well, lighting issues. Forgive me? Okay cool.
I love blue's, which is pretty obvious by now, I think blue's bring out the best parts of tan skin, like the yellow undertones.. so for this, I used Fringe all over the lid, with Gonzo in the outer half, Chaos in the outer V and a but of Trash in the inner corners.
I really really like how this turned out. Really made an impact. 

Look 3 - Some subtle colour...



The one thing I did not want to do was have that "pop" of colour on the lower lashline, its been done before and I'm sure it will be done again, so I settled for a rose gold from the Kat Von D Monarch Palette on the inner half of the lid, Jilted on the outer half and Urban in the outer V making its way to the crease.

What do you guys think?
Which one is your favorite?

8 comments:

  1. 2 and 3 is my fav and brilliant palette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd is my favourite. I have a soft corner towards blue, after all my first shadow mini palette was shades of blue by Maybelline, that I hardly wore and had to chuck out after expiry. I would
    D not dare to buy the electric palette...the Lorac one is more up my alley. Nevertheless you look pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I have a soft spot for blue too! Especially teals.. Its just fun to play with these colours ever so often. But yes, I want the Lorac Pro palette too!

      Oh, and thank you :D

      Delete
  3. Wowza, woman! Love all the three looks, but #3 is my fave - pretty wearable on a daily basis. Although i admit I'm torn, because I love blues and greens too...

    Either way, would love to know what lip color you have on for the three looks! They go so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First one was L'oreal Matte Moisture Lipstick in Lincoln Rose which comes off more reddish orange on me, which is odd.
      Second was the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo.
      Third was the Glazed Lip Paint you were so kind to give me :D

      For everyday purposes, the third is my favorite, but the first just has a special place in my heart for its.. out thereness.

      Delete
    2. Love the combo, too. It looks very editorial!

      Delete
    3. A compliment like no otherr.. :D

      Delete